Today I noticed that the release notes for VMware’s Identity Manager and Access Point version 2.7 are made available.
A quick overview of what’s new:
VMware Identity Manager (vIDM) 2.7
- Workspace ONE app providing standalone Mobile Application Management featuresYou can use the Workspace ONE app to distribute public mobile applications to unmanaged devices through the Workspace ONE app catalog. Users can single sign-on between the Workspace ONE app and productivity apps from VMware – AirWatch Browser and Secure Content Locker, and any custom app built using the AirWatch SDK. And, when the device goes out-of-compliance (such as jail broken), the Workspace ONE app, productivity apps, and any custom app built using AirWatch SDK self-destruct.
- Workspace ONE app providing Adaptive ManagementUsers can start using the Workspace ONE app in standalone Mobile Application Management (MAM) mode and progress to OS MAM when an application with a lock icon in the catalog is selected for installation. Once, the user enrolls the device into OS MAM, the lock icon goes away. The user can now install all the apps from the catalog. Users no longer have to install AirWatch agent to get their devices enrolled into OS MAM. Available now for iOS and Windows devices with support for Android devices coming soon.
- OneTouch SSO and device compliance check for Android, Window 10, and Mac OS devicesThe convenient OneTouch SSO available for iOS is now available for the rest of the platforms, including Android, Windows 10 and Mac OS. In addition, administrators can configure conditional access policies that check for the device posture. When these devices go out of compliance, the sign in access is blocked to the applications.
- LDAP Directory supportConnect any LDAP directory (such as OpenLDAP) and not just Active Directory to authenticate users.
Access Point 2.7
- Support for two new edge services for AirWatch integration – Tunnel Proxy and Tunnel Gateway
- Support to configure outbound proxy
- Collection of logs for AirWatch agent, tunnel gateway and tunnel proxy
- Collection of stats for tunnel gateway and tunnel proxy
- IPv6 support for AirWatch
More about both products can be found here and here.
Both products are GA, but they aren’t available for download yet.
Latest posts by Johan van Amersfoort (see all)
- Commodity IT, the problem formerly known as Shadow IT - October 4, 2017
- VLOG 001: Video review of VMworld 2017 Las Vegas - August 31, 2017
- EUC Announcements at VMworld 2017 in Las Vegas - August 29, 2017