In less than a week, Barcelona will be the virtualization capital of the world. People from all over the planet will travel towards the Catalan city to enjoy all that VMworld and the city of Barcelona have to offer. A lot of events are happening as well and in this blog post, I would like to highlight one; The VMware EUC Community Event, hosted by Brian Madden.
About half a year ago a Dutch VMware EUC event called VMware EUC TechCon took place and Brian Madden was one of our keynote speakers. When talking to him about some of the things we did there, I showed him an F1 simulator we built on top of Horizon. He was amazed by it and invited me to present about that topic at VMworld during an event he was organizing. As you may have read in this blog post, the event was a great success and one of my highlights of VMworld 2018 in the US.
To everyone who will be joining VMworld in Barcelona this year, I have some great news to tell you about. Brian Madden’s VMware EUC Community event is going to be there as well!
What to expect? A packed agenda with great community speakers, beers and food, no marketing stuff and just a lot of fun! If you ever been to BriForum, you can expect a bit of a similar vibe there.
The following sessions are lined up for this year’s event:
- Johan van Amersfoort,” Pushing the limits of vGPU and Blast Extreme: building a VDI for multiplayer gaming!”
- Benny Tritsch, “How to measure end-user experience in a modern workplace – using REX Analytics in VMware Horizon”
- Fabian Lenz, “Something Something Windows 10 VDI Something”
- Michael Wilmsen, “How-to design a 5000-user high-performance Horizon environment”
- Huib Dijkstra, “Don’t just build any digital workspace, build one with some bite!”
- Jens Henning, “How to create a successful POC for Workspace ONE”
- Mark Plettenberg, “Tuning Windows 10 1809 for VDI”
The event will be held in Room 503 at the Fira Gran Via event center, directly after the EUC Showcase Keynote. So, Tuesday 6th of November 2018, from 18:00 to 20:00.
You need to register in order to join the event. As seats were filled up pretty quickly in Las Vegas, I recommend you to register through this link asap to ensure you don’t miss out on all of the geeky EUC awesomeness, food and beer. Yes, beer..
- Announcing vSphere Bitfusion as GPU acceleration platform - June 2, 2020
- Mastering voodoo: Building Linux VDI for Deep Learning workloads, Part 2 - April 2, 2020
- Lightboard Series: VMware Horizon DaaS - March 5, 2020